I was very excited to hear that I had won a blogger award from a blog I so enjoy reading, “Honey, I’m a Lesbian“.
The rules of the reward are as follows:
1. Display the award logo on your blog. 2. Link back to the person who nominated you. 3. State 7 things about yourself. 4. Nominate 7 other bloggers for this award and link to them. 5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Seven things about me:
1. I grew up at the ocean and yet I never learned to swim. I never saw a need to swim since it was much more fun to ride the waves. This doesn’t work so well now that I’m in Missouri.
2. I owned and rode a motorcycle. One day I woke up to the danger of it and sold it. It was fun while it lasted but I’m glad I can now say, “been there, done that, glad I got that out of my system!”
3. It’s official my 5-1/2 year old son draws better than I do.
4. I could live on Chinese food. Now if only I could cook it so it tasted like my favorite Chinese restaurant.
5. When I was single I used to travel to a country a year…and I look forward to someday starting it again.
6. I shot out my father’s backhoe window with a BB gun when I was in 6th grade. It continues to be a family joke that I deny to this day yet everyone knows the truth. My “secret” is still safe since I don’t think he’ll be reading this blog anytime soon.
7. As a teenager, the first night I was allowed out with the car the brakes went out. My friend and I were heading down a hill, toward an electric fence when I realized we had no brakes. I then got the bright idea to turn into a nearby driveway and jam the car into park. My Dad later asked why I didn’t use the emergency brake. Sure, after the fact it sounded like a great idea but I can safely say it never occurred to me as we were speeding towards our death.
The bloggers I am nominating for the award with links to their blogs:
1. My Silent Half: there hasn’t been a post she’s written that I haven’t related to. So many times it’s as if she’s reading my mind and writing so eloquently about my thoughts.
2. Sappho Speaks: she has a very similar story to mine but she is “on the other side”. I tend to live vicariously through her as she gives me hope for me getting to “the other side”.
3. Rainbow Ice Cream: an awesome Mom of a gay child and her insights into the whole matter. We need more parents like her. She ROCKS!
4. The Flannel Files: a lesbian writing about various life experiences that crack me up. I love her sense of humor as there’s always a guaranteed belly laugh for me in all of her posts.
5. Strolling Turtle: a woman in a similar situation who offers her insights into this journey we’re on.
6. Javon Monet: a woman also going through coming out and all that comes along with it. She calls it like she sees it.
7. Intent Blog: all around insight into life that I can relate to. I always love their posts.
Check out the above blogs. They all have some great insight into this life we’re living. You may even find some food for thought and you’ll probably get some good smiles in along the way. Enjoy!